Subwoofer volume

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am thinking of getting the B&W MT30 which has the PV1. This is a 500w beast but for large amounts of use I will need to play it at low volume. If it is a good quality sub does it matter that it will be high watts played at low volume? Or is it better to get a cheaper, lower watt sub?

Any help appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Think of it like having a car with a performance/big engine. It will plod all day at 'normal' speeds, it will do it with ease and if you need to pass anybody it does that with no effort.

A good sub will happily run at low volumes

Brent

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the responses Nads/Brent.

Kind of linked - I have seen a 'soundproofing' carpet underlay that advertised it eliminated up to 80% of noise. I am tempted to put some sort of underlay down if it helps with the noise and means I can beef the volume up more. Unfortunately, this was £85 per square metre which seems a lot. Does anyone know of a good cheaper alternative?

Thanks

Paul

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew. I have checked the link and the riser looks like it intended to improve the sound quality of a setup, rather than provide soundproofing between a room and the bedrooms below? Or is the sound proofing a bonus byproduct of the riser?

Thanks
Paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts