Subwoofer/speaker combo

acidizer

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I am looking to upgrade my sound system which was a typical subwoofer/satellite speaker package for PC.

I still want it to plug into the 2.5mm jack at the back of my PC, so I will need the appropriate cable... and I do not want to buy an amp.

Could I use a Wharfedale Diamond SW150 Subwoofer with Apart MASK2 speakers? (without the need for an amp)

The subwoofer is powered.

Thanks for the advice, no clue really about all this.

splasher

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it will. Some subwoofer amplifiers are designed to power the sub and a pair of speakers but this one doesn't seem to be. You could either buy a set of active speakers to match with this sub, or probably more sensibly buy a sub/satellite set designed to work with each other something like this http://web.superfi.co.uk/p-9743-acoustic-energy-aego-m-subwoofersatellite-speaker-package.aspx

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
The Aego is, of its type, a rather nice solution.

However, if music is the issue, rather than movies or gaming, a decent pair of actives would be a far better solution.

As always, budget is everything, but a pair of Yamaha HS7 at a little under £300 will take the OP into a completely different world,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts