Subwoofer placement

festing11

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
What are peoples views on subwoofer placement, i.e where in room and on what surface is best for a forward firing sub.

I've heard in a corner is not so good as it can create a booming sound, which is not so good.

all opinions welcome.

michael hoy

festing11:

What are peoples views on subwoofer placement, i.e where in room and on what surface is best for a forward firing sub.

I've heard in a corner is not so good as it can create a booming sound, which is not so good.

all opinions welcome.

Hi,

Corners can be bad for sub placement, but we do not all have the "perfect" room.

My sub is behind the settee and 1mtr from the side wall, it does not have a rear firing port on my sub and therefore does not seem to be an issue for me.

Ideally the sub should be at the front something like this.

5321164805_3f77409f20_o.jpg

Mine is shown below.

The sub above hiding behind the settee

A

Anonymous

Great little diagram MH, Op you may want to try the subwoofer shuffle, I think there is a WHF video showing you this, where you walk it around the room to see where it sounds best.

A

Anonymous

the problem with walking round the room to see where it might sound the best is, what if its the center of the room, or in a spot where its impossible to position the sub at that spot...........

i`m sure the other halfs gonna love that
emotion-2.gif

my own sub is actually backed into a corner purposely 100mm from the wall and turned to face the wall so its acts as a rear firing sub then its controlled with an antimode 8033c and voila, subsonic perfection

I also do have it on a piece of 30mm granite which seems to tighten up the LFE even more

give it a whirl Al
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

albriscoe:
the problem with walking round the room to see where it might sound the best is, what if its the center of the room, or in a spot where its impossible to position the sub at that spot...........

i`m sure the other halfs gonna love that
emotion-2.gif

my own sub is actually backed into a corner purposely 100mm from the wall and turned to face the wall so its acts as a rear firing sub then its controlled with an antimode 8033c and voila, subsonic perfection

I also do have it on a piece of 30mm granite which seems to tighten up the LFE even more

give it a whirl Al
emotion-21.gif

Yeh a agree, but worth a go just to see where it is best suited as it only takes 10 mins.

FYI mine is in a smiliar position to MH at the from left corner of the room, but if it was dramatically different in the centre of the room, then the wife would have to live with it (lol), there's plenty of other rooms in the house for her to sit in!

A

Anonymous

markjaspi:Great little diagram MH, Op you may want to try the subwoofer shuffle, I think there is a WHF video showing you this, where you walk it around the room to see where it sounds best.

I cannot find this video. It is not in the 'Video' link above. Can you let me know where you found it?

michael hoy

markjaspi:I think there is a WHF video showing you this, where you walk it around the room to see where it sounds best.

It is here about 3/4 of the way in to the video, it is under How to and the video is called Get the best from your home cinema.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts