Subwoofer in stereo mode.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just upgraded my old Yamaha dsp 595 ( i know its old ) cinema amp to a Arcam avr1000 ( also old ). I have also added a Mordaunt short Ms308 subwoofer to my system. Which i have hooked up via a Ixos sub cable with a Y splitter into the subs left and right inputs. Now when i play a dvd or aux tv through the system in Dolby pro or or DTS the sub is fine . However if i just play a cd and use the stereo mode, the sub does not work !!!!!. Is this meant to be the case ?? if i switch to dolby pro or Hall effect it works. But i like stereo to be stereo, no centre and surround, but i would like to hear extra base now and then. This is the first sub i have owned but as far as i know its set up ok, ie: its plugged into the sub output !! can anyone please help or varify this ???????

Ted.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I dont have a manual for the sub, but the Arcam manual says to use one of 3 settings ( 1 = large speakers ( 2 = large speakers + no sub or ( 3 small speakers. But i cant find anything saying 2 or 2.1 . Obviously settings 1 & 3 includes the sub.

Ted.

A

Anonymous

If anyone can help,
emotion-2.gif
they can also mail me @ castlerock@hotmail.co.uk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts