Subwoofer for zensor 1

gasolin

This month i have a lot of bills to pay :cry: , more then i expected, but i still want some more bass from my hifi system, dali zensor 1's isn't that powerfull.

Looked at a used yamaha YST-FSW050 which may cost me almost 60-70£ with delivery and interconnect.Couldn't find any other used cheap quality subwoofer.

Then i thought about the Q-acoustics 2020i, today i so a picture of the botton where the connection are and it seems they don't fit my Isoacoustics stand, so the only cheap way of getting more bas is to buy a cheap used subwoofer (the boston acoustics i also had thought about is only with 20% until 1 of may)

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
More bass is a highly subjective subject. In the main, cheap subs are completely unsuited to playing music, there primary function is to provide boom and rattle to cheap home cinema setups. To be honest if you are simply looking to warm up your sound, give it a little more bass presence then a change of speaker is probably the best option, just find something as close as possible to the Dalis but with a balance more in tune with your likes.

If, on the other hand, you are serious about adding clean, extended bass to your Dalis, bass that maintains the precision and tightness of the Dalis then you are looking a real money. The cheapest really effective and 'music friendly' sub that I know of is the BK XLS200, but that costs £300-350 depending on finish. It is however 'the real deal', as long as the room is not too huge anyway.

gasolin

I am not looking for some high end bass, but more a bass that's slightly more deep and noticible, mabye a difference that there is between the zensor 1 and 5 or 5 and 7.

I think most people that have heard the zensor 1's would agree with me the lack a bit of bass, in my case i am using a speaker stand, so i don't get the bass i would get if they where wall mounted.

I have seen 2 german reviews and if i look at the frequency response i get a frequency of about 80-15000hz with at difference up to 5 db (30 degree).

I think i need a slightly boost warmth around 50-60hz and up to about 150hz (the 2 measurements in the 2 german reviews where quiet different in the bass)

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
gasolin said:
I am not looking for some high end bass, but more a bass that's slightly more deep and noticible, mabye a difference that there is between the zensor 1 and 5 or 5 and 7.

I think most people that have heard the zensor 1's would agree with me the lack a bit of bass, in my case i am using a speaker stand, so i don't get the bass i would get if they where wall mounted.

I have seen 2 german reviews and if i look at the frequency response i get a frequency of about 80-15000hz with at difference up to 5 db (30 degree).

I think i need a slightly boost warmth around 50-60hz and up to about 150hz (the 2 measurements in the 2 german reviews where quiet different in the bass)

'Proper' subwoofers really only operate below about 80hz, 100hz in non critical applications. My (admittedly limited) experience of Zensor 1 is not that they lack bass as such, more that they have a deliberately tailored response with the output below middle C somewhat reduced compared to the midband. In a lot of systems, room gain will lift the bass without excessive bloom and give a very acceptable balance for a speaker in this class.

Generally speaking 'warmth' comes from an enhanced mid bass something that a sub will not do, when tested most people place bass notes as being much deeper than they actually are. If you can, I would experiment with the equaliser in your software player and see what a gentle lift in the two octaves above 80hz does to your speakers balance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts