SUBWOOFER FOR MUSIC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have resently upgraded my Hi-Fi set from the aging SONY to Cambridge Audio 640 series. Complemented it with Aegis Neo Three floorstander. After more than 50 cumulative hours of running-in, I have realized that I made a wrong decission. The thing is I am a bass addict. I cant get the speakers to deliver a chest pounding bass, from particularly Chris Brown tracks. The Azur 640A is such a nice boy, the volume nudges down when I really want bass. The point is, I'm confused. Should I trade off my 640A V2 with 840A V2 or get a Subwoofer. Is there a good subwoofer made for music? I am contemplating between REL 305 and Sunfire High Defination. Can someone knock some senses into me...please. And, thank you

A

Anonymous

As with a lot of this stuff, it's down to taste. I use a sub and get varied results, but that's a blend of a) sub only cost £350 and could be faster, b) room placement that could be better, c) the mood I'm in.

I think adding a sub works very well. It will require you to spend time positioning and tuning it, and that may drive you mad or fill your evenings with fun. The more money you can spend the better, as you'll get a fast sub with plenty of power. Veldyne are good as are the REL T series upwards. If you love your bass to go low and if you love to be able to control the amount given the situation, go for it!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="igglebert"]As with a lot of this stuff, it's down to taste. I use a sub and get varied results, but that's a blend of a) sub only cost £350 and could be faster, b) room placement that could be better, c) the mood I'm in.

I think adding a sub works very well. It will require you to spend time positioning and tuning it, and that may drive you mad or fill your evenings with fun. The more money you can spend the better, as you'll get a fast sub with plenty of power. Veldyne are good as are the REL T series upwards. If you love your bass to go low and if you love to be able to control the amount given the situation, go for it![/quote]

Go for a BK one. http://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/Sub_Woofers.htm

Cheap as chips and fantastic quality.

A

Anonymous

Guys, thanks for the feedback. I shall audition some of the names you have mentioned.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts