Subwoofer cable

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I'm looking for subwoofer cable from AV amp to sub woofer.

Looking at the B&W 685 Theatre system.

Will the QED Performance subwoofer cable be a good choice?

Or is there any better recommendation?

Speakers cable will be either QED Silver Anniversary XT- Biwire or Chord Carnival Silverscreen.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Have you thought of the Russ Andrews PT1 subwoofer cable. It is a mono run of a Timbre I/C and it sounds great. When I first put it into the system it sound like it was lacking power and energy, but now it has burnt in it sounds very good. Infact I needed to turn the Sub volume down. I am using a MJ Acoustics 50mkII with a Yamaha DSP800 processor. I also have a 3m RA Classic powerkord delivering the power to the MJ Sub.

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
I've ordered Chord Crimson 10m for a great price on EBay. Worth checking out. It's in the post now so I've not heard it yet.

Another place to try is Blue Jeans. They're a US based Co, and will make up a variety of cables of your choice at reasonable prices. You have the advantage of knowing what the cable is and can get tech info on them. They're pretty much a no BS zone, and worth having a look at. A lot of the US and DIY forum people rate them highly. Their UK site is priced in £ inc delivery and VAT.

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Either the QED or Chord Crimson would be fine.

Thanks Andrew and all for the replies.

I have purchased the QED Performance Subwoofer 3M cable already.

But it is single run. Not sure the Chord Crimson is only 2 runs of cable or available in one run as well?

If so, is there a major difference using 1 run or 2 run of cables?

Afterall, the pre out for subwoofer is only 1 output. Don't think it is necessary to do a parrallel from the output right?

CS

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Yes, you should be fine with one run. If you have an 'on/off/on if enough signal present' 3 positiom switch though it's worth noting that a few subs won't detect signal and switch on if only one input is connected. If this is the case you can use a Y adapter to give your one sub cable two inputs at the sub end. I find that a second cable to my subs seems to add 3dB to it's output. I can achieve the same by adjusting the volume.

Chord Crimson is available in 3,5,7, and 10 m single runs. I think I saw longer somewhere too.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
JohnNewman:Big Aura:

JohnNewman:Have I been into this hobby for too long or is the Chord Crimson quite sexy

Seconded. It's like the Cadbury's Caramel Rabbit all over again....

:O) LOL

I ordered the RCA interconnects and sub-woofer cable.

my Crimson RAC interconnects have arrived. We need to be alone.

God knows what will happen when the Sub cable gets here.....!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts