Subwoofer Amplifier Question!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Recently bought a Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofer (not the i model) and im using this with the high level inputs from my integrated amp. So the A channel of my amp runs my speakers and the B channel the sub. My question is that if using the sub by running speaker cable from my amp to the sub does it use the subs built in amplifier or the power from my integrated?

A

Anonymous

Mohsin:Recently bought a Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofer (not the i model) and im using this with the high level inputs from my integrated amp. So the A channel of my amp runs my speakers and the B channel the sub. My question is that if using the sub by running speaker cable from my amp to the sub does it use the subs built in amplifier or the power from my integrated?

The sub's built in amplifier.

A

Anonymous

Thats what I thought. I know it will draw a very small amount of power from the amp. This is funny as I called 3 different stores and everyone said the inbuilt amp only works when plugging it in with a subwoofer cable and not when used with the speaker binding posts. One store manager even went as far as saying using the high level lead was seriously straining on the amp!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts