Subwoofer Advice

dx052

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
As I have never had them before I thought I better ask the question before I start spending money. I have a pair of B&W 685 speakers and wanted to get a subwoofer unit, do I need to get the same make/brand ie B&W to match them with or can I match them with different brands? if so can I get a subwoofer on the secondhand market to test the water then I can make up my mind going forward & which kind would would well? Thanks

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I have a B&W 685 Theatre and I upgraded the sub to the AWS610 and I have not looked back since. The 685s go terrifically with the 610 sub rather than its baby brother the 608. I demoed both and my son agreed that the bigger sub added more detail and control to music and movies. I had large floorstanding Kefs in 5.0 set up which I gave to my son on his 21st birthday with a NAD receiver. He wants to get AWS 610 as well. Quantum Of Solace, Transformers 1 & 2 and Steely Dan sound sublime! Listen to the combination before you buy and you wont be disapointed. Rember that you could easily add B&W 686s and you would be able to upgrade to 5.1 system in the future.

Best wishes

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts