Sub set up!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello. I am needing some help with my small system. I have a pair of Q Acoustics 2010 on their proper stands and a Warfdale SW 150 sub. Both are driven by a Rotel RA-04 amp. Can I please get some advice on the best way to connect them to my amp and how to set the crossover frequency. Thanks Chris

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Are you connecting with the speaker-level inputs on the sub or the preamp level ones? It shouldn't make much odds which you use, but I've found that some subs sound better when wired using speaker connections in parallel with your main speakers.

As far as crossover and levels are concerned, I'd set the crossover to around 70 Hz, so it just overlaps with the Q Acoustics speakers, and set the level by ear. You may find increasing the crossover frequency to 80Hz may give a better sound, but I'd suggest listening at a couple of settings between 70 and 80Hz...

A

Anonymous

A little higher on the crossover, a little louder. Whoops, too much. No not enough. It was better before wasn't it? Maybe not. Is it on? ect, ect.

Good luck playing with the knobs for the next few weeks!!! It'll be worth the effort.

PS, i found the volume should NOT be as loud as you think it should.

A

Anonymous

Hi gents.

Sorry just back from holiday so will have a play tonight.

I am using the preamp connections, bought Chord Chrimson phono for connecting so will start off at 70Hz and take it from there.

Thanks for the help!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts