Sub sections in Hifi forum

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
gurjitsidhu said:

At the moment we're engaged in some substantial work simply to get the site running properly again, so we don't want to upset the apple cart by introducing more variables. We'll take another look at this at a later date, but your request is noted.

Personally, I think more sections would be more trouble than they're worth, as most questions on here aren't about, say, players or speakers in isolation, but how they interact with each other.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
I think subsections would work if they were structured as true subsections i.e. as a filter. Currently there are two "subsections", Turntables and Headphones, to the "upper level" HiFi section, but in reality, as far as I can see, they are independent sections. If one creates a post in the Turntables section it doesn't appear in the "upper level" HiFi section; I think it should. I hope this makes sense.

John Duncan

ifor said:
I think subsections would work if they were structured as true subsections i.e. as a filter. Currently there are two "subsections", Turntables and Headphones, to the "upper level" HiFi section, but in reality, as far as I can see, they are independent sections. If one creates a post in the Turntables section it doesn't appear in the "upper level" HiFi section; I think it should. I hope this makes sense.

As an aside, who reset the forum list to alphabetical? I hate change...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
John Duncan said:
ifor said:

Not alphabetical here. (If you mean the order seen after clicking 'Forums' tag.)

The order as I see it (for forums, not sub sections) is A, S, H, H, T, W, F, C ... etc.

Sub-forums/sub-sections are listed alphabetically under each 'top' forum though. Is that what you meant?

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
TitusG said:
Surely the site needs fewer sub sections. I think the main page looks overly busy.
My comments related only to the HiFi section and it's subsections (Turntables and Headphones), which are obviously different from the structure of subsections of the other sections.

I agree, less subjections, but as I suggested the ability to filter (effectively tag) at time of posting so that if a reader wishes he/she can enter a filtered list of posts.

John Duncan

chebby said:
John Duncan said:
ifor said:

Not alphabetical here. (If you mean the order seen after clicking 'Forums' tag.)

The order as I see it (for forums, not sub sections) is A, S, H, H, T, W, F, C ... etc.

Sub-forums/sub-sections are listed alphabetically under each 'top' forum though. Is that what you meant?

I did mean that, and you're right - I only saw that 'About the Site' was first. I presumed this meant they had been ordered alphabetically (since even that would make more sense than the order they're in now...)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts