Sub of the day

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i had questioned a week ago about the benefit of adding a sub to my Yamaha Ysp30D. Now convinced that a sub could make a real difference even to this meagre home system, i would appreciate some advice on which to order. I had a look at both the BK Gemini 2 and the Tannoy TS 10 from the reviews , but i would only be interested in comparing the TS8 with the BK gemini from a budget point of view i.e £200 . I would be grateful if anyone could recommend one of these subs to partner with the Yamaha. My room is 5m x 3.5. And used for movies only. is their a particular sub cable that i should use with this? Thanks

A

Anonymous

hey mat..appreciate the advice.So you are saying that a REL sub would be better than the 2 i had mentioned so Bearing in mind the power of the yamaha ( 82 watts i believe ) does that restict me in terms of choice of subwoofer. If i decide to look second hand as you suggest do i have to stick with subs of a certain power rating so that it wont overwhelm the soundbar?

ps apologies for the noob questions.

A

Anonymous

Subs have their own in built amplifier so you only need to feed them a signal and they make the noise. So your amps output does not play a part with your sub choice so long as you have a sub out (.1) socket of course.

hope this helps

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
Except for passive subs!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

ElectroMan:

Except for passive subs!
emotion-2.gif

Good point, well made
emotion-21.gif

(I missed the sound bar bit also)

A

Anonymous

Yes i have just googled the yamaha matching sub and see that it has its own power amplification, also some reviews are not very generous. So its seems that the yamaha soundbar can be matched with a medium sized Active sub. So although from a budget constraint the yamaha sub is attractive , i would like to add as much as i can to the performance of the YSP within a £200 budget .so many choices and maybe because of the limitaions of the soundbar the difference between subs could be very minimal and i should just pick one from the what hifi reviews.?? thanks for the replys.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts