Sub integration pt2 How subtle

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've had my rel T2 for a couple of days now and am fairly happy with it. However, how subtle should the sound be. At the moment the crossover is set about 50hz, phase 180 and the gain about a quarter, and at this level the sub does not draw attention to itself. Any higher on these settings and I can pick out where the sub is places, ruining the balance. Basically do these settings and current characteristics agree with those with more experience? (Speakers iQ5s)

Cheers

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
A sub should not draw any attention to itself if properly set-up, but when you switch it off you should then hear what you are missing, not just with the bass extension but especially the mid-range and soundstage will suffer (if you had it set up correctly to begin with, that is). From what you say it sounds like you have the set up spot on.

A

Anonymous

Coincidently, you have it set to where my Quake is...there'll always be the odd track that picks a certain frequency to annoy you via the sub. Generally any listener shouldn't be able to confidently say that there's a sub; it should be that subtle.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts