Sub for monitor audio rs6 av

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all just bought myself a set of monitor audio rs6 fronts and centre with a set of brfx rears and a yamaha dsp863 amp Any opinions???

Can any1 advise a sub to go with the above?? I had a demo with the rsw12 sub(which i loved but its out of my budget ) and also the mj acoustic mk pro 50mk II which didnt have the ooomph i was after.( It might be worth mentioning my neighbour isnt a lover of disturbance so i guess i want a compromise without blowing her wall in).

I have a budget of 450 to get a sub for the above can any1 advise

cheers

A

Anonymous

Any particular one i see there is the xls200 300 and monolith. Second question is that my sub might be blocked by my sofa so would i need a downward firing sub instead of a forward firing. What difference does this make as this is my first ever real 5.1 so im not up to speed will all the differences.

cheers

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Basically get the biggest sub you can! If you can accommodate the Monolith, it's the one to have. There are no audible or performance differences that I'm aware of between DF and FF so basically if you don't want to look at a massive driver, get the DF one.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
d4v3pum4:Basically get the biggest sub you can! If you can accommodate the Monolith, it's the one to have. There are no audible or performance differences that I'm aware of between DF and FF so basically if you don't want to look at a massive driver, get the DF one.

I agree with the others, if you can't afford the RSW12 (I would save up personally and look for an ex demo), try and get a big deep sub like the BKs to make the most out of your system.

TRENDING THREADS