Sub for Dali Zensor 1 and Sonos zp120

RS0882

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

In my study of 4.20L x 3.60w x 2.50h (metres) I am using Dali Zensor 1s with a sonos ZP120. I love the detailed sound but do find myself using the loud setting on the sonos sometimes to 'fill' out the sound a little more (especially when listening to blues or acoustic music), and I am now considering getting a small subwoofer to accompany the Zensors. I don't want to rock the house, just add a little in the bottom end and I was thinking of the Dali fazon sub 1, which has a perfect size and is closed so should offer fast and taut bass. I'm really not looking for much extra and feel that a small size is more important than bass extension this one time...

So here are my questions to you all:

-What are your experiences with the dali sub? Is it good, or do you have other reccomendations for this set-up?

-What are your experiences with the sonos crossover at 80hz?

-What do you think of the idea of adding a sub in this system? Will it improve the sound, or will it lose that detailed sound and become incohesive and boomy?

Look forward to all your pearls of wisdom!

Cheers,

RS0882

P.S: I listen to all kinds of music but I am usually working in the study so it's limited to blues, folk, jazz, singer/songwriter, classical.

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering the same thing, I'm contemplating a sub to fill out my Lektor 1's and then use with future monitors I might upgrade to.

Ironically, I was looking at BK subs as they're known to be one of the best for music and I see you have a good one in your sig!

So...how does the BK Sub sound with your Dali's? I can't imagine the Dali sub being any better, so if the BK sub doesn't improve the sound I would scratch the plan!?

RS0882

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Good point. It does mean that I would have to carry that big old thing upstairs but it could be an interesting test for the sonos crossover and combination with the Dali's...

I was also thinking about getting a bk elec gemini as it's really versatile and can be used with a normal stereo receiver, unlike the Dali which needs some kind of preout. Anybody ever use the Gemini in such a set-up?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts