Stylish but quality speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am planning to get an ARCAM Solo Mini and want some speakers which look good and don't take up too much room as well as sounding good. For example, Anthony Gallo or BOSE speakers look good but are they up to the job, or is there something better? I listen to rock music so need good bass notes.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i use MS902i - which are small easy to drive and match the solo really well (silver fronted) - they are award winning speakers and good for the price although i managed to get them thrown in for free with my mini so even better. guess depends on space and budget - you didn't mention which models you were considering - were you planning for a sat and sub combination? I have the muso/logo package coming next week for my surround system but was also going to give the sat/sub a run with the mini so if you can wait will let you know

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
With all due respect you need very efficient speakers and a sub if you want to get anything with a little volume and bass from a puny ss micro.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JoelSim"]You can do an awful lot better than Bose[/quote]

emotion-21.gif
emotion-22.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]

emotion-21.gif
emotion-22.gif

[/quote]

Sure you can but it is impressive what they can do with them tiny things. Incidentally, in my gym they use Bose's (larger models) on every level and I have to say, once you forget about hifi things such as imaging they dont sound half bad. Punchy, clear and FUN ... yeah, much overrated in 'audiophile' circles
emotion-11.gif
. All whilst mounted on brackets and fed by Denon. Blasphemy

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]
[quote user="Thaiman"]

emotion-21.gif
emotion-22.gif

[/quote]

Sure you can but it is impressive what they can do with them tiny things. Incidentally, in my gym they use Bose's (larger models) on every level and I have to say, once you forget about hifi things such as imaging they dont sound half bad. Punchy, clear and FUN ... yeah, much overrated in 'audiophile' circles
emotion-11.gif
. All whilst mounted on brackets and fed by Denon. Blasphemy
[/quote]

I do agree that those Bose speakers (the ones with the two ports in the front) do sound fantastic when used in the right conditions! It's a shame they are almost always fed with an awful source...those sound canon things are pretty awsome too!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Happy Harold"]
ARCAM Solo Mini and want some speakers which look good
[/quote]

I have a friend who is looking for a similar all-in-one, the speakers she thinks look nice are the Linn Komponent:

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3344

& Peter Tyson are doing them as a package with the Solo:

http://www.petertyson.co.uk/ebuttonz/ebz_product_pages/arcam_solo_linn_komponent_104.shtml

Come in 2 finishes, a lighter one to match the Solo.

Take a listen to SEE if you like their sound.

A

Anonymous

Honestly, those Tannoys are very easy to drive, sound superb and look very sexy too!

A

Anonymous

monitor audio br2's 3 different finishes to suit your taste
or some b&w 685s
spose it depends on your budget????
and what you want from your speakers
mounts or floorstanders???????

A

Anonymous

My budget could run to B&W 685s. I was trying to understand whether anyone had had any success with anything a bit different. I was thinking mounts rather than floorstanders, although the Linn Components do look great, but suspect the Arcam would struggle to drive them?

Thanks to all for the ideas
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I'd be interested to see what you think of the Muso/Logo with the Solo Mini. I suspect the sat and sub combo could be easier on the eye for the non-audiophile. The Muso/Logo would stretch my budget a bit, but there may be other sat and subs that would work with it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts