Stupid question !! QED Cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just ordered my cable for mentioned speakers below, along with gold plated banana plugs, but being a dumb ass does how do i know which cable to put the banana plugs on IE black & red !! 

I know i can see you all laffin now at this Q !!! 

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I have QED cable & if it's the same look at the center of the cable, one should be coloured red & the other black, if it is you should be sorted.

Hope this answers your question.

A

Anonymous

It doesn't matter as long as you keep them consistent as the speaker / amp terminals. Some cables have identification but that's just to help you make sure you don't get them mixed up.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Depending on which QED cable you've bought there'll either be a) a ridge along the side on one conductor (it can be difficult to see but easy to feel with a finger) or b) writing or other markings (+ signs every 10cm are common) printed on one conductor only or c) X Tube type cables with a hollow core have red and white plastic tubes running through the middle.

As someone else said, it doesn't matter which one you use for red or black, as long as they match up at both ends. The convention is to use red on the conductor with the ridge, writing / markings or red core.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts