Student Hifi - best ways to improve

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodirocks

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

We've recently put together a hifi system and are looking at upgrading - ideally in the most cost effective manner. It currently comprises of -

Project Debut 2 TT, Edwards Audio MM Apprentice Phono box, Aux in from macbook to amp (using mainly FLAC) Rotel RA-04 integrated amplifier, Q - Acoustics 2020i speakers.

Where should we go next to achieve better quality? Would a DAC be the way to go? Or is it worth investing in new speakers?

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
woodirocks said:
Hi!

We've recently put together a hifi system and are looking at upgrading - ideally in the most cost effective manner. It currently comprises of -

Project Debut 2 TT, Edwards Audio MM Apprentice Phono box, Aux in from macbook to amp (using mainly FLAC) Rotel RA-04 integrated amplifier, Q - Acoustics 2020i speakers.

Where should we go next to achieve better quality? Would a DAC be the way to go? Or is it worth investing in new speakers?

What is your budget and how big is your room?

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If you like your current sound, which I assume you do, then maybe try a Q Acoustics floor-stander like the 3050. You should get £120 or so second hand on fleabay for your current speakers leaving a balance of under £400 new or a balance of £250 for second hand 3050's. Don't waste your student loan on a DAC.

D

Deleted member 188516

i fear this "old thread resurrection" will be locked also...
note the link in the bottom right of this new members post however - spam or a virus ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts