Streaming Setup

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a new streaming system but I'm not entirely sure what to go for. I'm looking for an amp and speakers and will feeding music from my Mac/iPad using optical and/or airplay (I already have an airport express). I will also be using spotify (using the iPad).

I was thinking about the Cyrus 6a DAC based on the reviews of the standard 6a as well as the fact that it can be upgraded. Does anyone have any opinions on this as well as a suggestion on speakers that would suit?

Thanks.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Hems said:
Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a new streaming system but I'm not entirely sure what to go for. I'm looking for an amp and speakers and will feeding music from my Mac/iPad using optical and/or airplay (I already have an airport express). I will also be using spotify (using the iPad).

I was thinking about the Cyrus 6a DAC based on the reviews of the standard 6a as well as the fact that it can be upgraded. Does anyone have any opinions on this as well as a suggestion on speakers that would suit?

Thanks.

Depending on budget, I couldn't recommend the AVI ADM9s more highly.

£1250 for amplification, DAC and speakers. The sound is superb. Budget up to £2K would also give you enough for the matching sub and a bit over £3K? would get the ADM40 floorstanders.

Opinions will vary wildly from hereon in, but I'm more than happy with my system.

Juzzie Wuzzie

I stream AEX --> Naim Nait 5i-2 --> Neat Iotas for £1k or so total expenditure and think it is fantastic. Generally Airplay from one of the many Apple products that litter our flat. You could do the same with a Cyrus amplifier (or any amplifier and speakers for that matter).

kmlav

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
The new KEF r series and LS go really well with Cyrus with IMHO the r300's being the pick of the pack unless you have a big enough room for the floor standers.

I am intertaing getting some of those AVI's for my study , not sure I fancy the sub tho. Has anyone got these set up on a desk or wall mounted in use without a sub?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts