Streaming Issues

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
I have recently received a Pure One Flow which currently resides in my kitchen. I set this up no problem and was happily streaming music from my laptop (via the Flowserver).

At the weekend I bought a Sonos system - a zonebridge, ZP90 and S5/Play 5. Again set up really easily and works a dream.

Since I set the Sonos up however I have struggled to stream anything to the Pure One. I am guessing that my laptop is now running 2 separate service which don't work together. However my knowledge is pretty ropey at best so I guess I have 2 questions:

1. Can I use the sonos server to serve the Pure One?

2. How can I stream music to both the Pure One and Sonos?

Thanks!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Sounds more like wireless interference, make sure sonos and your wireless router are on separate wireless channels (ideally one should be on 1 and the other on 11).

gowiththeflow

Jan 10, 2009
ASMA said:
I have recently received a Pure One Flow........and was happily streaming music from my laptop (via the Flowserver).

1. Can I use the sonos server to serve the Pure One?

2. How can I stream music to both the Pure One and Sonos?

I'm no expert and I expect anything can be made to work by an IT wizz kid, however...

1. The Sonos system works on it's own wireless mesh network which is separate from your Wi-Fi network.Therefore the Pure One Flow cannot work on the Sonos wireless network.

2. Is there an Aux input on the Pure One as there is on better Pure internet radios? If so, then another ZP90 could be installed, although that would be OTT for a tiny little radio IMHO. It might be more cost effective to add a Play3 (or more expensive Play5) instead.

As for independent streaming using both networks, that should be possible unless there's some sort of conflict in your laptop with two services trying to access your music library simultaneously.

Wireless interference can be an issue, but I've not experienced it using a Pure Evoke Flow (with internet radio) and our Sonos (streaming from an iMac) at the same time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts