Strange sound from Marantz m-cr510

skysounds

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Since a few weeks I got myself a Marantz M-cr510. When I turned it on the first time, there was a really loud sound/tone all of a sudden, coming through the speakers. For like 1 or 2 sec. I dont know, I believe I reacted straight away and turned it off, which stopped it. After that it has been fine, but today I placed the marantz in a different room and when I turned it on.. again that noise/sound. It also had problems connecting with wifi, this was also the case the first time. Has this happened to anyone else? Also, can this do any damage to the speakers? I don't know how to describe the sound. It's not a high tone, more low. like a 'zooemmm'. But very loud, I believe I woke the neighbours. I'm so annoyed by this amp, just got new speakers. Of course I got warranty, but they wont pay for my speakers! I contacted the store, not gonna keep this thing.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
skysounds said:
Hi,

Since a few weeks I got myself a Marantz M-cr510. When I turned it on the first time, there was a really loud sound/tone all of a sudden, coming through the speakers. For like 1 or 2 sec. I dont know, I believe I reacted straight away and turned it off, which stopped it. After that it has been fine, but today I placed the marantz in a different room and when I turned it on.. again that noise/sound. It also had problems connecting with wifi, this was also the case the first time. Has this happened to anyone else? Also, can this do any damage to the speakers? I don't know how to describe the sound. It's not a high tone, more low. like a 'zooemmm'. But very loud, I believe I woke the neighbours. I'm so annoyed by this amp, just got new speakers. Of course I got warranty, but they wont pay for my speakers! I contacted the store, not gonna keep this thing.

I had a Marantz MCR510 and really liked it a lot. I did not experience the issue you described in the 2 years I had mine - sounds like a fault which surely is covered by the warranty

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts