Strange but true

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Just finished nights sat listening for an hour before bed, thought I would try the Naim advice of siting the NAPSC unit as far away from the rest of my setup as the lead will allow. So now it has been moved (temporarily) from the shelf under my NAC 202 onto the floor.

Has it made a difference to the sound? Yes, simply, cant put my finger on what exactly, it just "sounds" better. That was an easy "upgrade"

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Thankyou, will look better on a Fraim LOL

Just starting out along a long upgrade path (Hicap next), hope to slowly improve across the next 20 to 30 yrs

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi TB,

My Exposures PSUs are designed to be as far away from the other components, too. They come with a four foot cable. I found that the benefit of this is that no noise gets into the signal. On quiet passages of music, it's 'Black': no background hiss at all, which has the knock-on effect of making all the music that bit more clear and realistic.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Bretty,

Cant quite put my finger on it at the moment, everything just seems "right" more "natural". One thing is for sure, its not getting moved back LOL.

Any other "Naim esque" peculiarities that are worth giving a try??????

A

Anonymous

Tried shaking your snaic yet ? If you don't understand that reference by the way you have a long long way to go before you truly understand how "peculiarly unigue" the folks at Salisbury are.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
2oldnslow:Tried shaking your snaic yet ? If you don't understand that reference by the way you have a long long way to go before you truly understand how "peculiarly unigue" the folks at Salisbury are.

"What does an unshaken Snaic sound like?"

"We dont know all are shaken 180 times before they leave the factory"

Is that the one??

http://www.tnt-audio.com/jpeg/naimtour5.jpg

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
2oldnslow:Tried shaking your snaic yet ? If you don't understand that reference by the way you have a long long way to go before you truly understand how "peculiarly unigue" the folks at Salisbury are.

No need to shake them True Blue. (Already pre-shaken 180 times at the factory.)

Who cares? It's provided in the box with every Naim source and - being DIN - it is one thin cable rather than two thick ones (as with many RCA interconnects) so helps to keep the clutter down.

I paid extra to get SNAICs that were buried under a stone in Avebury for 5 years after being shaken.

The whole of Wiltshire is weird, why should Naim be any exception?

A

Anonymous

Hell yeah quirkiness is most definately a good thing would be a dull old world if we all thought the same
emotion-1.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
One review I read said that the Naim in question sounded better after it had had the socket switched off and on 30 times.

I'm not surprised they advise you to leave the damn thing on.

TRENDING THREADS