Storing Apple Lossless on Blu-Ray

harveymt

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Im looking to clear up a bit of space on my hard drive till I get a bigger one. There's a fair amount of stuff I don't listen to much. If I select the folders I want to burn in the iTunes Music folder and burn them to disc will all the tags and embedded artwork be preserved? If it is, am I right in thinking that when I have more space I just need to copy the files from Blu-ray back to hard drive and add them in iTunes again and artwork, tags should all be there as before?

A

Anonymous

maybe a better way would be to attach an external hard drive via USB. You can pick up 1TB drives for a relatively low price of £65.

Then it is simple to move your music library to this drive and point your iTunes library to this drive. Another benefit of this is that the external drive can also be used for other backups from your PC hard drive without having to burn discs and manage those discs.

You could then just backup your music to disc for disaster recovery (and you should always backup your precious music to another location). As the old saying goes there are two types of computer users; those who have had a hard drive failure and those that will have a hard drive failure.

If you have a network you could consider a network attached storage device and hide the drive in a cupboard or under the stairs for example as long as you have a power supply.

Hope that helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts