Stereo or Surround?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

Scenario: 22ft x 15ft living room with very high ceilings in detached house. I will be listening to music through my system 99.9% of the time and don't really care for movie 'surround sound'.

Simple question then really: Onkyo TX-NR609 and Q Acoustics Q7000 5.1 speakers OR Onkyo TX-NR609 + Stereo speakers + Sub (suggestions?).

PS( I need/want a sub for hard bass action)

Thanks in advance from a noobie.

A

Anonymous

Russell Todd said:
Hi there,

Scenario: 22ft x 15ft living room with very high ceilings in detached house. I will be listening to music through my system 99.9% of the time and don't really care for movie 'surround sound'.

Simple question then really: Onkyo TX-NR609 and Q Acoustics Q7000 5.1 speakers OR Onkyo TX-NR609 + Stereo speakers + Sub (suggestions?).

PS( I need/want a sub for hard bass action)

Thanks in advance from a noobie.

I've used simply 2.1 before for TV and movies and I think it's pretty good. A centre (3.1) is usefull if there are a few watching, but I do like the fact that a good AV amp acts as a filter for the sub and front pair.

I have 5.1 in the living room, but obviously use stereo for music, and I like the fact that my AV amp filters the bass(with user selectable frequency) to my sub, and away from the main front pair (RXV 667 and Dali Ikon 6 and MJA pro 50). The small sub is no big hitter, but the extra clarity the bass management gives is quite amazing. On bass driven music it's clearer and will go way louder.

If you're into music the latter seems sensible.

A

Anonymous

Personnal choice, but for me why spread the money on 5.1? I would focus the budget on 2.1 since like you I don't care much about movie compare to music listening.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts