Stereo integrated amp to match Sonus Faber Concerto Domus

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm so confused by the options out there and want some serious advice on where to turn.

I'm looking to match a mid priced amp (@$2K) to my sonus faber concerto domus floor standing speakers. I mostly listen to female vocals, french cafe/lounge music, and acoustic guitar/vocal.

My listening room is the combined main lounge/dining room of my house and measures 4 meters wide x 10 meters long x 3 meter high (13.1 ft x 32.8 ft x 9.8 ft)) that opens to a loft/void at one end. It also contains an internal stair well.

The domus speaker specs are-

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 35 Hz - 20.000 Hz, tuning port included

SENSITIVITY: 88 dB SPL (2,83 V/1m).

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 4 ohm.

POWER HANDLING: 30W - 200W, without clipping.

I was considering the Cyrus 6XP d Qx (40 W per channel). I like the upgraded DAC option so that I can use my Apple Mac/AppleTV/Export Express as a source. Was also considering the Cyrus 6SE as the CD player.

Your thoughts and other suitable alternatives would be greatly appreciated [:D]

A

Anonymous

The Densen B110 is a good choice. They were using it with Sonus Faber at the recent show and it sounded good. They also used a valve amp which sounded a bit better - think it was Unison Research.

A

Anonymous

Sugden Mystro seems to get a good write up, below your budget as well.

A

Anonymous

When I bought Sonus Faber speakers around five years ago, the shop used a Densen Integrated amp to demonstrate them, so I second the opinions above that Densen would be a good match.

The Sonus Faber speakers are quite efficient relative to other upmarket speakers, so they don't need loads of power to do them justice.

I have used Sonus Faber with a variety of amplifiers from a 40 year old Leak amp with a feeble 15 watts per channel output to the comically named Linn Klimax Solos, which are allegedly 500 watts, and the SF speakers have performed superbly with them all. Obviously the better the amp the better the sound you get out of them, but in my experience they are a very forgiving pair of speakers.

A

Anonymous

Thanks so much for all the great advice.
emotion-2.gif

Has anyone tried Cyrus amps with Sonus Fabers?

Simon Cool:
Hi all,

I'm so confused by the options out there and want some serious advice on where to turn.

I'm looking to match a mid priced amp (@$2K) to my sonus faber concerto domus floor standing speakers. I mostly listen to female vocals, french cafe/lounge music, and acoustic guitar/vocal.

My listening room is the combined main lounge/dining room of my house and measures 4 meters wide x 10 meters long x 3 meter high (13.1 ft x 32.8 ft x 9.8 ft)) that opens to a loft/void at one end. It also contains an internal stair well.

The domus speaker specs are-

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 35 Hz - 20.000 Hz, tuning port included

SENSITIVITY: 88 dB SPL (2,83 V/1m).

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 4 ohm.

POWER HANDLING: 30W - 200W, without clipping.

I was considering the Cyrus 6XP d Qx (40 W per channel). I like the upgraded DAC option so that I can use my Apple Mac/AppleTV/Export Express as a source. Was also considering the Cyrus 6SE as the CD player.

Your thoughts and other suitable alternatives would be greatly appreciated
emotion-2.gif

Hi Simon Cool

Naim's Nait XS is also worth a look. Alternatively if you're also happy to consider older models then i'll also recommend ATC's SIA2-150 MK1, Krell KAV-400xi and Marantz PM-94.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts