Stands, interconnects...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Okay so I'm happy with my new Rotel amp connected to my retro KEF celeste IIIs, but what is most important upgrade to get next? A decent interconnect (i currently use some £2 piece of rubbish from Maplins) or speaker stands (at the moment they are on draws.)

How bad is it that my speakers are on a chest of draws rather than proper stands? 

idc

Hi dave. The problem with speakers on a cabinet is vibration and the cabinet acting as a boombox. If the cabinet is very solid then the problem will be less so. Out of the two I would put the speakers on a stand and for recommendations look no further than What Hifi itself for numerous stands for every budget. Once you get the stand use blu tac between speaker and stand to further reduce vibration and if you have a carpet spikes and if you have laminate spikes and a plynth.

As for interconnect anything should better £2 ones from Maplins and Again I would point you to What Hifi for recommendations at all budgets.

What ever you do you will be looking to spend about £100 on both together to get you going.

TRENDING THREADS