SR607 and MS Alumni Set up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

Finally got sorted with TV and Cinema set up (due to arrive on Friday). Just wondered if any one can confirm a few set up questions.

1.) The Amps (onkyo 607) speaker binding post as well as the MS Alumni binding post seem to be blocked. are these removable plugs? I'd like to used bananas but don't want to brake any thing trying to force ow't out.

2). Pics of the sub show two lines in (L and R). Can I use a phono to phone y adapter to feed both from the amps output?

3). The Mordaunt Short Alumni's have an impedance of 4 to 8 ohms. the amp request setting speakers ohmage and picking 4 or 6 ohms so which have other's used.

Cheers

Steve

A

Anonymous

Hi

1) I used to have a 605 and the MS Alumnis, so if they are similar just pop the little black bungs out of the binding post with a small screwdriver and they accept normal banana plugs. The MS Alumni connections are only spring loaded binding posts if I remember right.

2) You don't need to, the amp is a mono amp so it just combines the L & R signal before amplifying. Just connect the sub cable to the left input.

3) If I remember correctly the amp will select the appropriate setting automatically.

Good luck and enjoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts