Squeezebox Receiver - Web Connection

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Sometimes my web download speed is slow (150kbps)

This has an impact on whether my wireless set up works or not. Is this because Squeezebox Server is a web based server? My SB Receiver will not connect to the music server (blue light) when download speed is slow.

I couldn't find an info of this on the net - Logitech's websies only reference to Broadband connection is that it is required for 'Internet radio and music service'

I initially thought that as long as you have a 'network' you were ok to listen to personal collection, but no you need broadband for the server to operate sufficiently.

Any thoughts?

Vimeous

Aug 19, 2008
Visit site
The Squeezebox Server program resides on the PC or NAS it's installed on and does not require the internet to be connected to operate. The web page you see is on the device your installed the software on.

My initial guess would be that your wireless router is either struggling with throughput (are you streaming video at the same time?) or is need of a reboot.

In fact next time it happens just reboot the router and see if both issues go away. Hopefully it's that simple! :)

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
I had a sneaky suspicion that you didn't need the internet for Squeezebox Server to operate however I couldn't prove or disporive this from searching for answers on the net and everytime I had issues with playback the internet download speed was slow too. I will see tonight if I have any issues and if I do I will reboot the router and see if that helps.

BTW the router is a BT Home Hub and I don't stream any video content.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts