SQ between Chord qutest vs Naim uniti atom

Rupert30

Aug 29, 2021
Visit site
Hi,

I have a dilemma which I am trying to resolve! I have a Naim uniti Atom which is hooked up to a gryphon Diablo 300 which feeds B&W 802 d3. I use hi res steaming via quboz and tidal.

I have been wanting to upgrade my SQ and as the atom is a all in one box, I decided to go the separates way.

I got an innuos zen mini mk3 as a streamer and hooked it to a chord qutest external dac via usb ( have tried optical digital as well). The sound quality of the atom sounds better, has more sharpness, depth and the music feels more engaging. The sound from the qutest ( rca output) sounds in comparison dull and flat.....

I am a bit gobsmacked as I have heard so many good things about the qutest. I have a LPSU powering the qutest as well but it’s still not as good as the atom..

any thoughts or ideas as to why this is happening !

Rupert

Make sure you’re running the newest Innuos software, and use Innuos’ Sense control app to send music from the Innuos to the Qutest, and check to make sure your Innuos settings are optimal, like setting latency to low. With a front end like that, I’d look at using a dedicated pre-amplifier rather than a one-box lifestyle system.

If you’re running the comparison fairly, maybe you’re just not keen on the Chord sound, or the Naim sound is just suiting the system better.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts