Spring terminals to Binding posts?

Dave2860

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Ive got bose 301's i love them to bit, however, they have spring terminals and they drive me nuts, i would much rather use banana plugs, so is there a way to convert the springs to take banana plugs or a input of similar sort??

will post pictures if you ask?

thankss

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Also, I'm keeping an eye on this thread, someone is bound to come along with some interesting comments about the speakers

Dave2860

May 18, 2011
Visit site
i love the speakers, i understand the bose hate n all but the 301's are an exception, but after all im a bose fan, just my opinion :p

Dave2860

May 18, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the feedback, i went with these in the end, as i dont want to break the bank

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120871814466&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

im also not 100% sure they will work, thankss

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Why can't you replace the whole spring clip assembly with a binding post pair like so:

jk24b.jpg

I'm not proposing you do what this person has done (below), but you should be able to replace the existing spring connector block with a new binding post that fits (possibly with a blanking plate) over the same slot.

Bose+mod+2.JPG

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Dave2860 said:
thats a good idea, but theyre my babys and i really dont fancy drilling holes into them :p thansk for the feedback anyway

I think you misunderstood my suggestion. The photo is an example of what someone has done (poorly if you ask me), but it would be quite feasible to replace the existing spring binding posts with screw / banana plug binding posts in the same location as the existing ones. If you are lucky they will fit into the same slot, and if not, you just make a blanking plate out of a piece black plastic to fit into the same recess. The result could be very professional and could be reverted back if you needed to sell.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts