Visit site
oh my god! just signed up for it....

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!!!

brill service and the quality is tops!

chat soon

eamo

A

Anonymous

Now they just need to allow it to stream to Squeezebox server running on non-Intel architectures (e.g. my NAS!) and I'll be another premium subscriber.

A

Anonymous

A man after my own heart. with the help of this forum and Spotify, it opens up your musical horizons in directions I would'nt have thought of. I thought I had a reasonably broad
emotion-6.gif
musical taste 'til I read some of the threads on this site; talk about wearing blinkers!!!

idc

Big Chris:There seems to be a lot of holes in their catalogue. Is this just because I'm using the free version?

No. Premium will let you listen to some new releases earlier than standard users, but that is it. I have noticed some bands come and go on and off the site, most recently Balmoreah.

What holes are there? Apart from Metallica and AC/DC who do not go for many of these sites anyway. Oh and Led Zep and Pink Floyd and The Beatles. Yeh see what you mean!

But I spend so much time finding new stuff, I don't really miss the old stuff. I can still easily listen to it through itunes, with Spotify can link to.

A

Anonymous

I saw this thread and decided to give spotify a go, op your right WOW!

First impressions are excellent, has anyone got the premium package? if so is the sound quality that much better?

cheers
emotion-21.gif

John Duncan

Haven't really compared the two, but the premium service sounds fabulous through my system. The main advantage of premium to me though is the ability to create offline playlists and use them on your iPod Touch/iPhone. I haven't synced either to iTunes for over a year, I just use Spotify...

davemartin01

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I created a "new discoveries" folder and any good artist or album I drag and drop. The intention was to perhaps buy the cd version but with the folder having a couple of hundred amazing albums on I need to rethink buying! Ouch!

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Haven't really compared the two, but the premium service sounds fabulous through my system. The main advantage of premium to me though is the ability to create offline playlists and use them on your iPod Touch/iPhone. I haven't synced either to iTunes for over a year, I just use Spotify...

hear hear.............. Spotify is superb and I find it far more user friendly in every way to itunes which is now well and truly deleated from my computer..................

John Duncan

Well not quite for me - I have quite a bit of content in iTunes that isn't on Spotify (though not a huge amount), but I've switched on iTunes integration so all of the content appears in Spotify and plays through that interface seamlessly.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Haven't really compared the two, but the premium service sounds fabulous through my system. The main advantage of premium to me though is the ability to create offline playlists and use them on your iPod Touch/iPhone. I haven't synced either to iTunes for over a year, I just use Spotify...

Thanks jd,

i will keep the free version going for now then and upgrade to premium once i have my new rega dac in place. i must say its very easy to use i have already started to compile playlists, i can see why its winning awards..i think it will make my cd player redundant!

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Well not quite for me - I have quite a bit of content in iTunes that isn't on Spotify (though not a huge amount), but I've switched on iTunes integration so all of the content appears in Spotify and plays through that interface seamlessly.

which is also very cool

A

Anonymous

THESTIG08:

Thanks jd,

i will keep the free version going for now then and upgrade to premium once i have my new rega dac in place. i must say its very easy to use i have already started to compile playlists, i can see why its winning awards..i think it will make my cd player redundant!

You must try the social feature as well....... I have a list of my friends and can see whats on all their playlists and what they are currently enjoying the most. you can also "trade" music by putting it their inbox......if you find something you think they might like.........awesome.....

activate spotify social.......you don't have to use the facebookpart if you don't want to. then

Yes. Here are a couple of ways to view a Spotify user's public profile:

• If you know their username, type spotify:user:[username] in the search box. (Note that the username must be written in lower-case)
  • You can simply click on a username wherever it appears. For instance, if you are viewing a playlist created by another Spotify user, their username appears at the top of the page.

D

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:It is, but I sometimes get excited thinking an artist is now on Spotify, when actually they're on my hard drive...

yeah that must be a ******.....i no longer have anything on my hard drive.........just streaming and quality cd's for me.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:It is, but I sometimes get excited thinking an artist is now on Spotify, when actually they're on my hard drive...

incidently........I wonder what you have as a spotify user name...?

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin:After reading these posts - and I do often - I really think I'm missing a trick here....
emotion-42.gif

yup

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
nicholasc1585:A man after my own heart. with the help of this forum and Spotify, it opens up your musical horizons in directions I would'nt have thought of. I thought I had a reasonably broad
emotion-6.gif
musical taste 'til I read some of the threads on this site; talk about wearing blinkers!!!

+1
emotion-21.gif

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
My only recent gripe was that an album I started listening to had what seemed like a bad case of CD skipping on the first track. Trying to report a simple error turned into a series of irritating hoops to jump through - I gave up!
emotion-8.gif

TRENDING THREADS