Spotify problems on Squeezebox Touch

matthewpiano

I'm getting fed up of finding multiple versions of albums on Spotify using the SBT only for the message 'Not available in your region' to come up on either all of them or all but one.

Anybody else experiencing this? Is there a setting I need to change?

Getting seriously fed up with it.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes I have found that too. When using my SBT for Spotify playback I use my Nexus 7 with the Squeeze Commander App. and the options that display are as you describe. When I access Spotify from my PC I don't get this.

Also, I can access a certain album via the PC no problem, but that same album is not available via the SBT? eg. Allman Brothers Live At The Filmore East is fine on the PC but the unavailable message comes up on the SBT. Doesn't happen very often, but strange nonetheless.

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Have the same problem, don't know a way around it within squuzebox.

I Use my Mac or ipad to look up and sort playlists then they come up fine in the Touch.

Not perfect but it works

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Are you using Logitech's app or Triode's third party plugin? Don't use either myself as I don't have a Premium account but I've read numerous times that Triode's is better.

Triode's is under Recommended 3rd Party Plugins & is called 3rd Party Spotify Plugin.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I used to use Spotify free on the laptop a lot and loved it, recently signed up for the month trial of premium to try on the Touch. While the sound quality is pretty good the problems you have reported are not acceptable to me and I won’t be singing up for now. I find navigating the search function annoying too, it just isn’t quick and actually quite hard work to look up artists.

npoguy

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it just luck or something more, but I use Triode's plugin and ipeng and haven't had the problem in a long time.

matthewpiano

Thanks guys! I'll try the 3rd party app - currently using the Logitech one. I only use Spotify for checking albums out before purchase on CD but the frustrations of getting it to play on the SBT are really putting me off.

npoguy

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Crocodile said:
IIRC, you have to uninstall the Logitech app before adding Triode's plugin.

I know this sounds like more work than it's worth, but you also need to make sure that your options in Squeezecenter (the online settings) are set to allow you to see 3rd party apps. In other words, Triode's plugin may not show up if you simply go to the Touch and scroll through the apps. Once you change the setting and reboot, you should be able to see the app.

Believe me, it is worth the effort! The plug in is much more stable and, like I said earlier, I haven't had the dreaded "unavailable" error in a long time. BTW, I'm also a huge fan of Ipeng as the controller!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts