Spotify Premium

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know there are a few Spotify users on here but is anyone signed up to the premium service?

I'm currently on 'Unlimited'. £5 a month and ad free.

I'm considering going up to 'Premium' at £10 per month. The main attractions being a higher bit rate of 320kpbs over the standard 160 and the mobile app function.

I am using a DACmagic which "converts 16-24 bit audio (at any standard sampling frequency between 32-96kHz) to 24 bit/192kHz"

Worthwhile upgrade for £60 a year or would I do better upgrading interconnects (£60) / Amp (£140). I'm running NVA kit.

Thanks

p.s I should say I LOVE the Spotify program, I really do think it is tremendous. Well worth the £5pm I'm currently paying. Fantastic fantastic fantastic bit of kit.

A

Anonymous

yea premium is excellent, a tenner a month is a steal for what you get imo
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

go for the premium its only going to
cost you another fiver a month

its a steal the primium service,, and well worth it
you can try for a month and see if you like it, if not just cancel your sub.

sweety7272

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Go premium!

AND - give Napster a go, at £5 per month includes 5 free MP3 downloads a month that you can keep / burn to CDs for in the car etc.

Try them both for a month, at the end cancel the one you didn't like so much. Can't argue with having all that music for not much more than the price of a CD.

Napster has a nicer front end (in my opinion) although I listen more to Spotify as it's a slicker on my Sonos system.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Well worth £10/month.
emotion-21.gif

But Premium's 320kbps is still no substitute for CD or streamed ALAC.

And I've found that the more albums I sample on Spotify, then the more I end up buying as a CD, LP or 96kHz DL. Umm...
emotion-7.gif

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Spotify Premium gets my vote too. Even with my budget setup I noticed a worthwhile improvement in the sound quality when upgrading to the premium version. Give it a try it for 1 month and if you don't think it's worth the extra £5 you can always switch back (I bet you'll stick with the premium version though).

A

Anonymous

Thanks all.

Now to find a phone that'll make decent use of the mobile app.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Not really adding much to what others have said, but I would certainly fork out that extra £5 a month. The mobile app (I have it on iPod touch) is worth the tenner a month alone. If you have iPhone or iPod touch you can basically say goodbye to loading CDs on iTunes then on to the device (unless Spotify doesnt have them of course).

TRENDING THREADS