Spotify Album of the Day

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
...So what's yours? I'm hoping the spotify users here can build up a "must-listen" thread that other spotees (and me obv!) can discover.

I'd prefer albums, rather than individual tracks if at all possible...

My starter for 10?

MusicCatalog%5CE%5CEmiliana%20Torrini%20-%20Me%20And%20Armini%5CEmiliana%20Torrini%20-%20Me%20And%20Armini.jpg

Emiliana Torrini's "Me and Armini".Brilliantly recorded and beautifully written.

V. Catchy in places, thoughtful in others. Generally acoustic-sounding, but with good rhythm and bass.

"Ha Ha" just sends goosebumps down my neck...

A

Anonymous

have loads, but here is one that I really enjoy and that is not all that well known

Ronnie Lane's Slim Chance ... album is called 'One For the Road'

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
fatboyslimfast:...So what's yours? I'm hoping the spotify users here can build up a "must-listen" thread that other spotees (and me obv!) can discover. I'd prefer albums, rather than individual tracks if at all possible... My starter for 10? Emiliana Torrini's "Me and Armini".Brilliantly recorded and beautifully written. V. Catchy in places, thoughtful in others. Generally acoustic-sounding, but with good rhythm and bass. "Ha Ha" just sends goosebumps down my neck...

You'd like Angus & Julia Stone - try Chocolate and Cigarettes

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
fatboyslimfast:...So what's yours? I'm hoping the spotify users here can build up a "must-listen" thread that other spotees (and me obv!) can discover. I'd prefer albums, rather than individual tracks if at all possible... My starter for 10? Emiliana Torrini's "Me and Armini".Brilliantly recorded and beautifully written. V. Catchy in places, thoughtful in others. Generally acoustic-sounding, but with good rhythm and bass. "Ha Ha" just sends goosebumps down my neck...

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:

Will try one of their other albums, as C&C doesn't seem to be on there... cheers Joel.

Any genres at all are welcome by the way...

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
fatboyslimfast:JoelSim:

Will try one of their other albums, as C&C doesn't seem to be on there... cheers Joel. Any genres at all are welcome by the way...

OK Heart Full of Wine is the first of a double CD called HFOW/C&C

I got A Book Like This first which is excellent but I find myself listening to them at least once a night

idc

Spotify, as it is Swedish has a lot of Scandanavian bands, all of whom must hate Abba as they are about the only Scandinavian band that most people can name. I may have mentioned this somewhere else, but I have been happily immersed in the very strong Prog Rock scene, particularly in Sweden. So my Spotify album for today is an introduction to Swedish Prog Rock and Anekdoten's best of called 'Chapters.' If you like Yes, Genesis and/or earlier King Crimson, you should give at least give 'Chapters' a go.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
I`ve been playing this a lot lately on Spotify. `Skyforger` by Amorphis. I believe they are from Finland and this is their latest release. It`s dark yet melodic and it`s easily one of the best ten albums I`ve heard this year. If you happen to like it then thank idc as it was he who put me onto them.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Today's pick - Christmas with the Salvation Army.

It beautifully invokes memories of being a child, and the savvy army coming round the streets where I used to live to play carols.

Plenty of Christmas spirit and makes even the most bah humbug feel festive (even if I am stuck in work!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts