Spot on reviewing.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
In the April 2008 issue you recommended Audioengine A2 loudspeakers for optimum sound from MP3 or computer. So having had the good fortune to have bought a laptop computer I took up your advice and bought a pair. Wow! You were not kidding about their sound quality. Even with the modest sound card fitted it is definitely hi-fi and easily stands comparison with my ancient hi-fi kit (Tannoy 636 floor standers and Musical Fidelity A1 amp). Nice one What Hi-fi? and thank you very much!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Why thank you - we think they're superb (and even better if you isolate them/put them on stands - tightens up the bass a treat).

It'd be great if you could write a brief user review on the A2s, to share your experience with prospective purchasers.

We'll hopefully be meeting up with Audioengine in the US next week to see what other goodies they've got coming up,

A

Anonymous

Stantweedle:Even with the modest sound card fitted it is definitely hi-fi and easily stands comparison with my ancient hi-fi kit (Tannoy 636 floor standers and Musical Fidelity A1 amp).

Gawd blimey, they must be good! The A1 is a formidable amp (one of my favourites!) and the Tannoys were right up there too! Shows how much technology has improved, even in hi-fi!

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Wrong section i know (sorry). But, anyone got an opinion on whether they'd be worth using to beef up the sound of my px80b in lieu (?) of surround sound?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Oh yes...

Nice one, cheers. Theyre the only ones i can think of that are small enough. Even the A5s would be too big i think.

EDIT - with or without the sub, dya rekon?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
professorhat:
How big is the room?

Approx 12ftx12. I sit about 10 away from the screen. Ish. Any new speakers specifically for the tv would have to go on the tv unit, withouit abscuring the tv, thats why size is an issue.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Hmm, the sub is probably going to be worth it in that size I reckon. Of course, if you're not sure, you could just try without and then, if you feel the bass is lacking a bit, add the sub after.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
professorhat:Hmm, the sub is probably going to be worth it in that size I reckon. Of course, if you're not sure, you could just try without and then, if you feel the bass is lacking a bit, add the sub after.

Thanks again Prof.

Apologies for the interuption to the thread.

EDIT - not totally convinced they'd be good with the tv unless they punch well above their weight (and size - just checked the dimensions).

EDIT 2 - so that sub might be wise, even tho its much pricier than the speakers!

EDIT 3 - Again, my apologies to the OP and all!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
They do punch well above their weight and size and I am convinced they will be a decent upgrade over TV sound - go on to YouTube and type in Audioengine A2 - there are some videos there of people demonstrating just how loud they go! However, physics is physics and I agree, in a room of your size, the sub may be required to get decent bass extension without distortion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts