Hello - I also bought the A5 speakers and tried so many amps, so hopefully this will be useful.
- Audiolab 8200a - Added some much needed sparkle, the pre/power combo sounded a little better, but not hugely better.
- Cyrus 8xpd - sounded good, but the in built dac just took the excitement away I thought. It kind of lost some brightness.
- NVA AP70 - Better and more open than the above, really nice product.
- Roksan Kandy - Similar to the Audiolab, but couldn't handle the chrome effect on the fascia!
- Yamaha AS-2000. Too warm, super bass, and such a monster to own!
So, I nearly plumped with the NVA AP70 after a home demo, however I discovered the following:
Naim Supernait! I picked one up second hand in perfect condition after a store demo. It's much better than the rest, although it's much more expensive. It's detailed, brighter, still has the warmth (Which I love about the A5) and has loads of power. It's so simple too, with built in dac, and Spotify / iTunes are sounding great. Highly recommended, and the days when I can push the volume past 20%, it's like I'm at a live gig or club. I now need a new home where I have no neighbours above or below!