Speed problem with Pro-ject Genie turntable

KingTubbs

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi - I'm new to this forum and I found you when searching the internet for a solution to a problems that I've had for the past week!

I bought a new Pro-ject Genie turntable last week and I love the sound. Unfortunatly it appears to run a little slow - the sound drags, and it's worse on 45rpm seven inches. I've checked that the platter spins freely, I've tried changing the position of the motor and the turntable is on a completely flat surface. I really don't want to take it back - I worry that it's something simple that I've not done. The instruction booklet is not particularly helpful and I've watched as many you tub videos as I can find.

Any ideas?

John Duncan

Have you checked the speed with a strobe mat? There's one here:

www.extremephono.com/free_turntable_strobe_disk.htm

depending on whether your electricity supply is 50hz or 60hz. You put it on the platter and hold a normal light bulb over it to determine whether it is running at the correct speed.

KWONAD

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem when i bought my NAD turntable. I brought it back to the shop and they send it to the NAD importer under waranty.

the problem was a broken solderconnection on the print and they repaire it.

Now it plays at the good speed and after many records it plays like it can't be go wrong.

check waranty and it can't be go wrong.

my turntable is from the Rega factory, but branded NAD. ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts