Spec me some TALL floor-standers please (Monitor Audio BR/BX related)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys!

I want to buy some floor-standing speakers to replace my Monitor Audio BR-2s which I have moved from the live room of my studio to incorporate into a surround setup in my room.

The reason I am after floor-standers is simply because I moved my Apollo A4/9 (900mm) stands with the BR-2s into my room as there was nowhere to mount the BR-2s (and no room on the table used to stand my Widescreen).

I LOVE the BR-2s and have been using them to master my mixes in the recording studio (coupled with a cheap Sony amp). They sounded the best of the bunch in my opinion when I heard them in Sevenoaks audio a couple of years ago. I was looking at the new BX-5s for the studio but realised the height issue!

It's important to me that the speakers I buy are at ear-level for mastering in Cubase 5 on my mastering PC. To do this with the BR-2s I had to buy the large version of Apollo's A4 stands. What I am really looking for is the best sounding floor-standers which are NOT short as I have a tall table which I sit at a lot (lots of audio work and gaming).

The only other thing is, I could always go for some BX-2s right? And just grab another set of speaker stands? If this was the case what are the best price/performance tall stands which would be suitable?

Terribly sorry for all the questions I appreciate this is not an easy thread to reply to but I would immensely appreciate any insight you guys can offer me!

Many thanks!

Tom

A

Anonymous

Great! Definitely saves some money that way!

Has anyone A/Bed the BR-2s vs the BX-2s?

Also, tall speaker stands would you recommend?

Many thanks

Tom

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts