audioidiot1

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
hello i,m mrs idiot and really looking for some help.

my hubby has an onkyo 577 reciever for his surround sound with sfx speakers.

he keeps going on about better speakers. so i would like to buy him some for our anniversary next month but i know nothing about speakers. we only use it for movies.

can you give me some ideas please

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
hi,

you should consider q acoustics 5.1 2000 cinema series. fantastic, can be had for about £500 or less. available in a range of finishes. if this is too much the q acoustics 5.1 1000 series is superb and can be had for around £350.

he is a lucky man !!

audioidiot1

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
he is lucky i even iron his boxers hahaha.

on a more serious note i,m happy to spend £500 or maybe a bit more if the speakers will make a huge difference?. he loves his bass and has to have it very very loud.

just noticed he has these speakers you mention writen down on paper at his desk and also has tannoy eyris speakers on there. if there are anymore speakers and opinions you guys have i,m all ears as i don,t want to buy the wrong thing.

thanks again

A

Anonymous

i think either one of the two is a fine choice and if he is doing enough for you to notice that he has these writen on paper i dont think he will be dissapointed

audioidiot1

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
thanks for your help guys. been looking at online retailers and superfi have the 2000 series with a £250 free cable pack for £500.

is this a good deal? we would also need the wall brackets so i was a bit cheeky and emailed them and asked if we could do a deal with some of the cable pack and brackets. don,t ask don,t get.

thanks again mrs idiot

A

Anonymous

Just a thought Mrs Idiot (seems wrong calling you that) but what happens if Mr idiot logs onto the forum and sees a post in his name? And then sees the content? Surprise ruined maybe.

Anyway the 2000 are a great package for the money, seem to remember people struggling to find the brackets (or was that for the 1000), anyway happy hunting.

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
audioidiot1:
thanks for your help guys. been looking at online retailers and superfi have the 2000 series with a £250 free cable pack for £500.

is this a good deal? we would also need the wall brackets so i was a bit cheeky and emailed them and asked if we could do a deal with some of the cable pack and brackets. don,t ask don,t get.

thanks again mrs idiot

Hi,

Ive seen the deal and its good. If you are prepared to spend £500 on the series 2000 I would say go for it without a doubt. Your hubby will love them and be a very happy man!!!! If you can get some brackets thrown in even beter. I got my dad a set of 1000 series from Superfi and there were no brackets available but Superfi got Apollo to custom make stands to exact height needed for £60 a pair.

Great service

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
These should do it! Remember rear, side etc!

If you happen to have 2 million dollars sitting around, then maybe you want to order Transmission Audio's Ultimate speakers. However, be aware they're only built to order, so you might have a hard time finding a set to audition. These speakers come with 12,000 watts of power equipped with their own control amps. They weigh about 13,227 pounds and promise SPLïs over 143dB. The set is equipped with 12 speakers that can each blast about 500 watts. The Ultimate is about 37 feet wide, so an extra large room is a must for the most aptly named speakers on the market.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts