speakers................

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have purchased a naim xs amp and cd5xs cd player but are stuck on the choice of speaker and cables.

i play mainly rock 'blues soul and jazz.

my room size is 4.8mtrs by 3.6 mtrs.

cheers hope you can help.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I think people will be able to give you more specific suggestions if you can let them know your budget and whether you are looking for standmounts or floorstanders.

Somewhat more abstract information that can help is what kind of sound you like Smooth? warm? aggressive, detailed, neutral, etc.

A

Anonymous

being in new zealand we dont have the range you have in the uk my budget is around the 800 to 1000 pound mark (2000/2500 dollars nz).

i'm not fussed weather they are stand or floor mount and i like to listen to my music detailed.

cheers

T

the record spot

Probably the next question is what ranges are available to you then?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Epos M12i or M22i could suit very well with Naim for your rock/blues/soul/jazz needs.

The NZ distributor is here...

http://audiovisualsolutions.co.nz/contact-us

They will advise you on your nearest dealer hopefully.

I don't know how much extra they will cost in NZ, but Epos/Creek/Epoz have a very strong presence in Australia so the premium may not be as heavy as on some other UK brands.

Try these guys for Spendor or Rega speakers. (Spendor SA1 or Rega RS3 particularly with Naim).

http://turned-onaudio.co.nz/

Or

http://www.listeningpost.co.nz/Section.cfm?Section=21

For Spendor and Dynaudio (again Dynaudio goes well with Naim and the little 2/6 or 2/8 models could be ideal.)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I use a pair of these

Mordaunt-Short_MS20i_off_450x381_pixels.gif

and they sound very good with your system so I'd say some of Eposes speakers, which these are based on, should probably suit as per chebby. GB1's are also enjoyable.

DeimosNZ

Feb 10, 2008
Visit site
Have a listen to some Image 412s by Chris Ball - $2200 or so, locally made and good value (look for more info on Audioenz website).

Also, there have been some good deals on Trademe of late (seems to be a buyer's market at the moment)

kev53:
being in new zealand we dont have the range you have in the uk my budget is around the 800 to 1000 pound mark (2000/2500 dollars nz).

i'm not fussed weather they are stand or floor mount and i like to listen to my music detailed.

cheers

Hi kev53

I'll recommend ATC's SCM11 speakers. The SCM11's work well with the Nait XS/CD5 XS.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'd look at the PMC DB1i's, which are quite a lively performer with plenty of detail. Although I'd also look at Neat's offerings, which are also similar, and would recommend the Motive 2se's in particular - a little more, but well worth it. KEF's new Q series are also worth a look - this is an extremely strong range of speakers which are great all rounders, and again, relatively easy to drive. The imposing Q900's are going to be giving higher priced speakers a good run for their money.

A

Anonymous

hi, i would agree with david at frank harvey hi-fi the kef q series are a great range of speakers, i have heard the q 700's today at frank harvey's and they sound excellent and they have got top notch build quality as well, i was well impressed with them well done kef.

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:I'd look at the PMC DB1i's, which are quite a lively performer with plenty of detail. Although I'd also look at Neat's offerings, which are also similar, and would recommend the Motive 2se's in particular - a little more, but well worth it. KEF's new Q series are also worth a look - this is an extremely strong range of speakers which are great all rounders, and again, relatively easy to drive. The imposing Q900's are going to be giving higher priced speakers a good run for their money.

Agree 100%. The PMCs sound fantastic at the end of Naims, much larger and with plenty of bass than their small size suggests. And Neat speakers are said to work very well with Naim, (as are Harbeths).

Yet another brand to try is ProAc - maybe something from the Studio range would fit your budget.

A

Anonymous

hello

sorry about the delay in replying to yr suggestions ' i will take a look and try to litern to as many of yr suggestions as i can not all will be available here.

cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts