? Speakers upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello. I wonder whether anybody could advise me on this matter. My setup hifi includes Cambridge Audio 640A Amp, Cambridge Audio 640C CD Player, Denon DAB Tuner TU1800, Mordaunt Short 902i speakers and Mordaunt Short MS309W Subwoofer. I am quite happy with the sound quality, but somehow i get the impression that the system struggles to fill the room with sound. I suspect that the speakers might be the limiting factor. System is in a relatively big living room. Any views or advice on this matter? Would be grateful for any advice. Are floorstanders a good idea?

A

Anonymous

If your room is fairly big floorstanders would probably work well. It would help to know what your budget range is. As a starting point Monitor Audio sounds good with Cambridge Audio, and one of the Bronze (BR6) or Silver (SR6 or SR8} speakers could be a good way to go.

A

Anonymous

floorstanders would be definately the way to go in a large room, which you dont mention the size of? plus the budget?;-)

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I would say aim for floorstanders as well but IMO, M/A speakers wont gel well with the C/A separates youve got.

Ive found that C/A can be quite forward and clinical at times and if partnered with the wrong speakers (i.e. M/A RS6's) the treble could be harsh and overly bright.

I think some Epos or Rega floorstanders could be a good match. Have you considered other standmount speakers though and paired with your sub?

I think a lengthy demo with some standmount and floorstanding speakers is required!

A

Anonymous

d_a_n1979:I would say aim for floorstanders as well but IMO, M/A speakers wont gel well with the C/A separates youve got.

Ive found that C/A can be quite forward and clinical at times and if partnered with the wrong speakers (i.e. M/A RS6's) the treble could be harsh and overly bright.

I think some Epos or Rega floorstanders could be a good match. Have you considered other standmount speakers though and paired with your sub?

I think a lengthy demo with some standmount and floorstanding speakers is required!

Interesting... I hadn't noticed that when I heard the RS6's with CA gear. Mind you it was in a retail environment so I really didn't have a good listen. I certainly agree with you about the lengthy demo - preferably at home.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts