Speakers too big for room.

robw17

Jan 26, 2008
Visit site
I've recently bought a pair of acoustic energy aelite threes to go in my 10ft by 13ft room with my nad c352 and nad c521bee. They sound good but the bass is overpowering and they just seem to be too big for the room. What would be a better option for a room my size.. with a budget of around £400 I've been looking at the b&w 685 or the mordaunt short mezzo 2 to replace them. Would they be a good choice and are there any others to concider?

A

Anonymous

Tonnes more to consider. Although I do like the Mezzos. Check out Totem, DALI, Proac... loads of choices.

A

Anonymous

I cannot stress how bigger a difference you could make to your speakers by just doing a couple of simple adjustments. First of all, make sure they are not too close to the wall to start with - they are rear ported. If you cannot move them futher forward, put a rug or soft carpet/material behiend them (especially down low), this will reduce the reflection of sound in your room which will reduce bass drone.

Try toeing the speakers in so that the tweeter crosses just (I mean just) behind your listening position. Make sure you don't have the speakers too close to the wall on the sides also (or a wardrobe etc). And use those port bungs that were supplied, or if they weren't either buy some or shove a sock in there!

And remember, don't be scared of using those tone controls!

robw17

Jan 26, 2008
Visit site
It's a good point but by recently i actually meen about 7 months. I'm really just looking for a smaller speaker as they just seem too big for the room. What would the pros and cons be when compared to the B&W 685s, i no they're very different in most ways buttt ill still ask

TRENDING THREADS