Speakers to match onkyo tx 8050

crang

Feb 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi
I use BX2s great match with soundstyle z2 stands.
Try to audition these against diamond 10.1s try demo at RS if you can
Also I use OFC 422 strand cable no point paying for anything more having tried chord CSS no better!

T

the record spot

The 8050 works a treat with my Tannoys too. Very capable especially in smaller rooms or firing across the narrow part of a room. Highly recommended.

A

Anonymous

The onkyo is a totality different sound than what I'm used to .but I must admit I do like it .how,s the base response with the tannoys.would I need a sub?.

T

the record spot

The DC4s deliver way more than I expected from the reviews. They are small though, which I wanted. You'd need to hear whichever pair you try. Though you can always add a sub later. The DC4s do make a very nice sound though - very impressed with them.

A

Anonymous

Think your right I do need to try before I buy.as I do like full sound and deep but not overpowering bass.the problem I have is the room just doesn't lend it self well to speakers.space size and small children .how would you describe the sound through your tannoys

T

the record spot

Excellent, big soundstage, lovely tonal qualities, the kind you can listen to for hours on end without fatigue. The dual concentric driver works very well and the build quality is very fine. Real wood finish, attractive styling, can't go wrong for £350, though I think you can get the DC4s on a deal in Richer Sounds as they're end of line now.

A

Anonymous

Sounds good .i think the onkyo is one of the best listen to a long time amps I have owed .and I have owed more that 15 amps in the last 2 years.its a funny thing .the onkyo is everything I don't look for in a amp .its new cheap with a sound I just don't go for .yet some how when I switch it on its on all day .and the more I play it the more I'm starting to think its the best amp I have owned.but I know on paper it isn't yet some how it is mad.

A

Anonymous

Sounds good .i think the onkyo is one of the best listen to a long time amps I have owed .and I have owed more that 15 amps in the last 2 years.its a funny thing .the onkyo is everything I don't look for in a amp .its new cheap with a sound I just don't go for .yet some how when I switch it on its on all day .and the more I play it the more I'm starting to think its the best amp I have owned.but I know on paper it isn't yet some how it is mad.

simon740

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Im new on this forum, Im from Slovenia, small country in Europe... Im looking some floorstanding speakers for my TX-8050...

there are some options:

Jamo C607

Jamo D570

Klipsch f30

I listening elektro music, Trance, house, rock and metal..

Any proposal is welcome

Simon

T

the record spot

Hi Simon,

Here's a webpage that gives some hifi dealers in SLovenia (scroll down the page) of which five are listed:-

http://audiotools.com/en_dist_hr.html

Hope one of those can help you - no idea about the speakers you have listed, Sorry!

GMK

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I must have tried 15 pairs of speakers with my 8050...

Best floorstander: Ruark Talisman II. Can blow me away at times. The midrange partnership between these two works perfectly, with voices and instruments having a real emotional quality. My partner has been so moved on 2 occasions she's cried. I can't say any more than that (nor need to)

Best standmounter: For lower level critical listening, I've yet to better my Kef Coda 7SE. Fantastic detail and clarity, ample bass, easy to position, although not the last word in warmth when the volume is cranked.

Perhaps a better all rounder is the Ruark Epilogue. Surprising bass (although rear port may need to be plugged if near to a rear wall). Great presence, excitement, yet they're able to be mellow too at lower volume. Good with voices, great build quality, and dimunitive size all add to the plus points. The only time I've tripped them up was on Pink Floyd's Brick In The Wall, where they lacked a little scale. Better speaker stands may improve this though, I've yet to collect my Atacama Nexus 7i's.

The wildcard entry. JVC SPD302. I have 2 pairs (1 modified). I swear by these things. They're slightly rounded off in bass and treble (and will need the tone controls - no Pure Audio here), but as a result they work so well with everything. They have great midrange presence (accentuated by the rolled off frequency extremes). Not immediately impressive, but you'll find yourself listening and enjoying for hours. Hardwired speaker cables so no faffing. True fit and forget items.

images

simon740

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Gibs_MK said:
I must have tried 15 pairs of speakers with my 8050...

Best floorstander: Ruark Talisman II. Can blow me away at times. The midrange partnership between these two works perfectly, with voices and instruments having a real emotional quality. My partner has been so moved on 2 occasions she's cried. I can't say any more than that (nor need to)

Best standmounter: For lower level critical listening, I've yet to better my Kef Coda 7SE. Fantastic detail and clarity, ample bass, easy to position, although not the last word in warmth when the volume is cranked.

Perhaps a better all rounder is the Ruark Epilogue. Surprising bass (although rear port may need to be plugged if near to a rear wall). Great presence, excitement, yet they're able to be mellow too at lower volume. Good with voices, great build quality, and dimunitive size all add to the plus points. The only time I've tripped them up was on Pink Floyd's Brick In The Wall, where they lacked a little scale. Better speaker stands may improve this though, I've yet to collect my Atacama Nexus 7i's.

The wildcard entry. JVC SPD302. I have 2 pairs (1 modified). I swear by these things. They're slightly rounded off in bass and treble (and will need the tone controls - no Pure Audio here), but as a result they work so well with everything. They have great midrange presence (accentuated by the rolled off frequency extremes). Not immediately impressive, but you'll find yourself listening and enjoying for hours. Hardwired speaker cables so no faffing. True fit and forget items.

images

Thank you,

The only forgot to mention that my budget is max 500 €, it does not matter if they are new or used speakers ..

Andrej_1

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi Simon

Looks like Tannoys are good match for Onkyo TX 8050. I'm happy with my Eyris 3 floorstanders (they were designed as AV solution, but sings very nice).

Tried also Dali Concept, but wasn't impressed.

Take your time and try to audit speakers with your receiver before you buy.

simon740

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello, In Slovenia it is otherwise a little harder to get some smart speakers for smart price, but I will really took the time to go listen to a few pairs of speakers. In Slovenia, the majority of Onkyo combined with Jamo speakers ...
For example, I have the option to buy Jamo D570 for € 400, but I really need to test a how it works on the TX-8050 and how it sounds in electronic music ..The next option is also Triangle Celius 202 for 460 €.
Otherwise, these are 10-year-old speakers, but I think for me, there is no need to worry.

simon740

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello, only reports that I bought Jamo D570 Limited Edition and I have to say that the TX-8050 very nice catch with these speakers :dance:

There 1x thank you all for advice :beer:

Greetings

Simon

TRENDING THREADS