Speakers to go with Roksan Kandy L3 amp

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'd say either brand new Monitor Audio RS6's or the BR5's

If youre ok with 2nd hand i'd look at B&W 603 S2's, 603 S3's or the 604 S3's if you can find them on Ebay.

Depends on size of playing room as well, floorstanders may be too much but with such a powerful amp, they'll all work very well, especially the M/A RS6's

I've got them and with music like SOAD, Linkin Park, Metallica, Tool, Iron Maiden etc they do very, VERY well!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Thought we had this conversation before? Your amp has a 'big sound' with power to spare but its not the most focused or detailed example so you need speakers that are 'strong' in that respect.

I'd suggest going the ATC way. The entry level standmount is around £450 depending where you buy. Add good solid stands such as Partingtons for another £150 and you should be ok.

The baby ATC's are an IB (closed enclose) design so you should get an even Bass response. They are very insensitive but the upshot is real bass without the need for much wall re-inforcement. - Personally I dont like them but I guess they will work well with your amp.

On an other note, some of the best bass (and sound full stop) I've ever heard was with Ruark Sabre's, also an IB speaker. I'm looking for a pair at the moment so keep your cuban fingers out of my pie or I'll have to assasinate you fidel.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
ex-demo Acoustic energy AE1, Tannoy Sensy DC2 or (I keep repeating myself here, sorry) Neat Acoustic as they do rocks like a lemmy on speed!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]Thought we had this conversation before? [/quote]

well, not about the Roksan... :) but thanks for the suggestions. And thanks to everybody.

A

Anonymous

I'm using Dali Ikon 7s. I found the sound to be incredible, especially with anything instrumental. They seem to marry very well :D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts