speakers to an exposure 2010s

shiseido

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
ive bought in ebay a exposure 2010s but like im moving to a new house with a living room of 34 squaremeters im going to upgrade my sensys 1, i would prefer some small towers or big standmounts and a listen mostly to 80s pop and rock, supertramp, peter gabriel, p floyd, ok ac dc and some rock. i like a warm but dynamic sound, full , so im searching some speakers also in ebay (maby ma rx6 but the treble......) what should be a good mate to exposure, some quads 21l2, rega rs5, revolver rw33/53?!?!
price is between 400/600£ (700€max)

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Hello, i heard your amp with a pair of Linn Kans, very sweet and with your budget you should be able to get a mint pair with stands on that well known auction site, what's wrong with the Tannoys, nice speakers, i thought they would have gone well with your amp.

shiseido

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
thanks penguin
emotion-1.gif

gregory, im using my sensys in my living room (23 square meters) but ive bought a new house and the living room is bigger (34), i prefere floorstands and have room for them and i have a 5 months baby that same day is gonna love to play with my bw stav 24 and tannoy
emotion-4.gif
so its time to a upgrade (now my sensys are ok, but changing house i whant to change also speakers). i was almost decided to buy some dali suite 2.8 buy they get untill 3.6ohms and it seems that the exposure doesnt have lots of "rad" and people usualy just take care of the sensivity but forget the impedance....... im negociating with an british store some revolver music 5....ive never heard them but maby im gonna giv them a try.

the rx6 ive never heard but i didnt like the old rs, very cold to my tastes.....

shiseido:

thanks penguin
emotion-1.gif

gregory, im using my sensys in my living room (23 square meters) but ive bought a new house and the living room is bigger (34), i prefere floorstands and have room for them and i have a 5 months baby that same day is gonna love to play with my bw stav 24 and tannoy
emotion-4.gif
so its time to a upgrade (now my sensys are ok, but changing house i whant to change also speakers). i was almost decided to buy some dali suite 2.8 buy they get untill 3.6ohms and it seems that the exposure doesnt have lots of "rad" and people usualy just take care of the sensivity but forget the impedance....... im negociating with an british store some revolver music 5....ive never heard them but maby im gonna giv them a try.

the rx6 ive never heard but i didnt like the old rs, very cold to my tastes.....

The RX range is more inviting than the older Silver range, so I'm told.

Anyway, the character to the Exposure amps really will complement the MA flirty sound. If you match warm/smooth with warm/smooth you could end up with a syrupy, lifeless sound.

Good luck with baby. Regards the little one, you might be best with standmouted speakers - the extra weight of the stands makes them far more safer. I had a similar problem with my little'un a few years ago....

shiseido

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
well, i tought that some floorstands were saffer and heavyer to the baby (but i also prefer them :) ) than the stands, but maby im wrong
emotion-1.gif

well, my options are, NEW, rx8 or rega rs5 (both in black piano) but the regas in portugal are much cheaper or for half that price, some revolver music 5, amphion or more expansive, audio physic..but buying used you cant choose. the market chooses for you ;)

i need to demo the rs5 and rx6 but usually i prefer to buy used, i dont keep to long the equipment and buying used, pay less for more (usually...)

thanks penguin, im gonna need, its my first :) best regards mate

A

Anonymous

I have the Exposure 2010s2 (both the amp and CD player). I am going through the same kind of decision as you are but I think I've already determined what I'm going to do, and that is go for a pair of Dynaudio DM 2/8 speakers.

I currently have a pair of Quad 12L2. I like these speakers, but if I had to pick out some things they don't necessarily excel at I'd say they lack that big sense of scale. They are also a bit clinical. The sense of scale I can't fault them for too much, because they are pretty small speakers. I've had other speakers in the past that had a greater sense of scale and they all had a larger enclosure. I take it that's not a coincidence. Before the 12L2 I ran a pair of Monitor Audio RS5. Even with the Exposure amp and a (at the time) Rega Saturn, the sound was waaaaaaaaay too bright on the top end.

That has lead me to Dynaudio. I read some reviews on the DM 2/8 and DM 2/10. The first has an 8 inch driver, the second a 10 inch. The enclosure is also very large. This has lead many to speculate that the speakers will excel with rock music. One magazine reviewed the 2/10 and said the sound was effortless with huge scale. This matches my limited experience with large driver speakers. I know WHF has reviewed a few models in this line. So the 2/8 is where I've got my sights set. A similar speaker might be the MA RX2, but my past experience with MA has me shying away although I understand they've tamed the highs a bit.

I haven't heard the Dyns myself. If I choose to buy them I will have to have my dealer order them as they are not stocked in the store. So I will just have to hope it is a good match with my Exposure gear. I think it will be. From what I've read Dynaudio speakers tend to be detailed and a touch on the warm side. I'm not really too worried about too much of a good thing with the Exposure. My Quads are so much better than the MA RS5's for my taste and one may have thought the opposite would be true. I want to go for components that pull in the same direction, rather than mix gear that sounds different and who knows what you'll get when you combine them. Besides, I don't think either Exposure or Dynaudio are too far to the warm side.

Just thought I'd lay out another option for you, shiseido, and again bear in mind I haven't not listened to the Dynaudio and Exposure together yet.

A

Anonymous

I recently bought some Revolver Music 3, awesome, awesome, the best I'd heard by a country mile, even the Revolver music 5 has just picked up a 5 star review I notice so I'm not the only one with good ears, they sounded much nicer on my ear than both B&W and Kefs offerings

shiseido

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
fusion, ive never heard any dynaudio
emotion-10.gif
but i prefer some ones with higher impedance (not the 4ohm of dynaudio) and i prefer floorstands...oh, i dont consider the 2010s warm, ive had an audio analogue puccini, cairn 4808 and primare i20 and these were warmer (more the aa) or maby my late primaluna prologue 2...

A

Anonymous

Impedance is a lot more complicated than boiling something down to 4 ohms or 8 ohms. Impedance varies across the entire frequency range. I was surprised to find that some speakers quoted at 8 ohms actually have impedance plots that dip to 4 ohms at times, making them harder to drive than one would think. The DM and Excite lines from Dynaudio are engineered to be easy to drive, despite Dynaudio quoting the nominal impedance as 4 ohms.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts