Speakers to a match Naim Nait 3 amplifier

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice if anyone can help? I have a Naim Nait 3 Amp and Naim nacd3-5 CD player. I would like to add an ipod dock like the Arcam irDock or Onkyo ND-S1 but most importantly i would like advice on the best bookshelf speakers to match the amp. My budget is around £400. i would be very grateful for any help as i'm a newbie to this kind of stuff.

Thanks,

Kev

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick response Chebby. I'll have a look for some!
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I must say on first impressions the Q100's and Q300's are very nice looking!!! I will defiantly be having a look at those. Thank you for your help

matthewpiano

I would definitely try the RX1s. I used to have a Nait 3 and found it sounded stunning with a pair of MA BR2s. Given that the RX1s are significantly better than the BR2s, I reckon that combination could be dynamite.

The Nait 3 is a superb amp. I've often regretted selling mine.

A

Anonymous

I will have to do a comparison between the RX1's and the Kef Q's by the sound of it... and the Mrs will have an input to looks ha ha!. Ive been trying to find some information on the Nait 3. So far i have found that Naim NACA5 is the speaker wire to use but i would like to know if the number 1 audio input will work with standard RCA cables to connect an ipod dock or if you would recommend using the Din inputs and if so which ones(manufacturer)? sorry to babble off topic and thanks for the input!

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Chord will make cables with a DIN connector at one end if you want to use the DIN input on your. Allegedly the DIN inputs do sound slightly better.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Dan. I came across the Chord DIN cables earlier. I also noticed people saying they had got better results using them so i will probably give them ago. I will also have a look at the Naim. Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts