Speakers required

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Rotel 04SE and wish to buy some compatable speakers for use in my bedroom. I am not a fan of extended bass

and dont want my speakers to boom as they would not be placed on stands but wooden furniture close to the wall. I have a budget of about £500. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Clearwater said:
I have a Rotel 04SE and wish to buy some compatable speakers for use in my bedroom. I am not a fan of extended bass

and dont want my speakers to boom as they would not be placed on stands but wooden furniture close to the wall. I have a budget of about £500. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Clearwater

ATC's SCM7 monitors worth a look with their closed box design and importantly flat and honest presentation help with positioning them close to walls without the bass in particular getting itself into a twist.

Dynaudio's DM 2/6 speakers are also worth considering.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Clearwater said:

Have a look at the B & W range.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
This is going to be a tricky one as many speakers are rear ported, and that's going to cause an issue when placed close to a wall. You can use their supplied foam bungs to slow the flow of air and reduce bass, but this tends to rob a speaker of it's life, and drastically changes their intended sound. Front ported speakers will generally fair better, but issues may still be possible. Ideally, a sealed cabinet is needed, but sealed cabinets are naturally inefficient, and need plenty of beef to drive them properly. You could try the EB Acoustics as long as their sensitivity rating is about 87dB or more. Alternatively, the front ported KEF Q300s have so far been the best speaker I have heard after a foam bung has been used. They still seem to retain some life, unlike most speakers. See if you can audition a few, but be sureto hear them with their bungs in place as you'll more than likely need them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts