Speakers - How to make my B&W DC220 wireless?

davidoff

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have a pair of B&W DC220 and a pair of Eltax Monitor iii, with a Marantz PM4001 amp.

I would like to make one pair wireless.

What devices are out there at the moment to connect to the speakers to make this happen?

And what would I need to connect to the amp, if any?

Any help in this matter would be great.

Thanks, Dave

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
davidoff said:
Hi,

I have a pair of B&W DC220 and a pair of Eltax Monitor iii, with a Marantz PM4001 amp.

I would like to make one pair wireless.

What devices are out there at the moment to connect to the speakers to make this happen?

And what would I need to connect to the amp, if any?

Any help in this matter would be great.

Thanks, Dave

you can't. You could probably do something with a wireless dongle so you don't need a wired connection from your CD player or other digital source, but those speakers need an amp so you will always need speaker cable between the amp and speakers.

davidoff

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi ID.

I have found the Griffin 20 which looks like it could do this., but I was wondering if there were any more out there that could convert my existing wired speakers into wireless..

Thanks, Dave

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Not wireless. You've still got speaker cable running to the speakers. There are loads of products where you can do something similar with an existing amp. Eg Arcam rBlink or other Bluetooth dongles. Alternatively there are amps like the NAD D3020 that have Bluetooth. Whichever way you cut it, it is not making your speakers wireless. It is getting an amp, etc that can run off Bluetooth, AirPlay, or whatever wireless transmission system you choose

Anyway, once the speakers no longer need speaker or some kind of signal cable you then need power cables for them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts