Speakers for the Arcam Solo Mini

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am considering buying the Arcam Solo Mini. Which speakers go well with it - to use in a 4m square carpeted ground-floor room with a 2.5m ceiling? And which headphones too? Let's say up to £300 for speakers and £100 for headphones. No other hif is in the room.

I would greatly welcome advice. Thank you.

mdwtozer:

I am considering buying the Arcam Solo Mini. Which speakers go well with it - to use in a 4m square carpeted ground-floor room with a 2.5m ceiling? And which headphones too? Let's say up to £300 for speakers and £100 for headphones. No other hif is in the room.

I would greatly welcome advice. Thank you.

You haven't mentioned whether you prefer floorstanding or standmounted. If you go with standmounted, budget for decent stands. Look at speakers such as these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Monitor-Audio-BX2-Standmount-Speakers-/170583484772?pt=UK_AudioVideoElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_HiFiSpeakers&hash=item27b7916964

Regards headphones look at deals on Goldring NS1000. They were reduced to about £50.00 from Play.com. If not then Sennheiser are a good choice.

mdwtozer:Thank you. I will now follow that link.

Good stuff... Oddly enough, Mrs P looked at WHFI mag a few months back, pointed to a picture, and said "could we not have that one?" That picture she pointed to was the Solo Mini. Would also work well, in a smallish room with my RS6s.

matthewpiano

Try Dali Lektor 2s. A superb match with Arcam.

If you can stretch the budget and get one of the good offers that have been available recently (like £469 per box instead of £615), also look at the Arcam CD17/A18 combination. Significantly better than the Solo Mini IMO and well worth the extra outlay. Works brilliantly with the Dali speakers.

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin:
mdwtozer:Thank you. I will now follow that link.

Good stuff... Oddly enough, Mrs P looked at WHFI mag a few months back, pointed to a picture, and said "could we not have that one?" That picture she pointed to was the Solo Mini. Would also work well, in a smallish room with my RS6s.

perhaps mr PP you should invest in one, currently £529 from SOSV and save yourself a lot of potential headaches and stress. they are very good.

or not

D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts