Speakers for PM66 SE KI and CD63MkII KI combo

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

This is my first post here, I've been out of touch with what's what with Hi Fi for some time and was hoping that someone would point me the direction of some suitable speakers to go with my current amp and cd player. My current set up is as follows:

CD player: Marantz CD63MkII KI
AMP: Marantz PM66 SE KI
Current speakers: Tannoy Mercury M2
Cable: QED Silver 25th anniversary edition
Interconnect: Chord company Chrysalis
Room size: approx 4m by 4m
Music: most types apart from classical

The system sounds Ok as it is but I was wondering if a speaker upgrade would improve the sound at all, and if so, which speakers would be suitable for the job. I was thinking of spending about £300 on some floor standing speakers but am willing to extend the budget if the amp and CD player can justify the cost.

Thanks

Jim

T

the record spot

For that money, Q Acoustics 1050i (current Hi Fi World speaker of the year) at £330 but available for less if you shop around, would fit the bill for your kit nicely. Massive soundstage, great sound for the money, scale aplenty which will fit the CD63 nicely. A lot of speaker for the money though, so make sure you have the room for them. The amp and CD, if performing well, will be fine for now.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll take a look at the Q Acoustics.

A

Anonymous

I have the same CD player and amplifier and found them to work nicely with old Mission 782 speakers. If you would consider second hand speakers then the 782 might be options.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts